Saturday, January 12, 2008

Visit to Virginia

Christmas night we left around 10:30pm for Appalachia, VA to visit PJ's grandmother. It was an interesting ride (about 12 hours), but we survived and the kids did fairly well in the car. I will post some pics, but first I will share the funniest story from the trip. Background: I have never really "explained" body parts to Wyatt. He has never asked, never seemed to care, so I never brought it up. Well, here is a conversation from the car....I have now explained. :-)

"Mommy!!....help!!"

"Wyatt, what is wrong baby?"

"My tail hurts!"

"Buddy, what are you talking about? Your tail? Do you mean the horsie you are playing with."

"No, mama, MY TAIL RIGHT HERE, FIX IT!!!"

Well, use your imagination. I had apparently put his diaper on when it was bedtime and smooshed the poor thing. After being fixed, we proceeded to have a conversation about how it is not a tail. :-)

Enjoy the pictures!

7 comments:

Debi Walter said...

This is the funniest story!!! Hahahahaha!!! I can just see the look on his face...and yours! I'm glad you had that talk!

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
That is sooo funny!!! You should write that one down! You do not ever to forget that!! Love the pictures!!!! ~Lynette

Medana22 said...

Oh poor thing this whole time he's thought of himslef as a little puppy:) I am glad you finally told him...

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

OH my gosh. That is hilarious!!! Next time you see me ask me about a funny story about my brother. ;o)

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! Children bring so much joy! They are so stinkin' cute . . .and your children are some of the cutest ever! They are getting so big!

Anonymous said...

This almost tops the Hong Kong story with Jesse at the mall. Do you remember that?

Jaime said...

Of course I remember Hong Kong. :-) Great, now I cannot stop laughing......