Monday, May 10, 2010

Mom


I think I appreciate my mom more this year than ever before. I wanted to take a moment to honor her and tell my kids what she has meant to me.

Kids, your grandmother is one of the most amazing woman you will ever have the privilege of knowing. She has sacrificed her entire life to serve her God and her family. There are maybe fleeting moments she thinks about herself, but when she does you never know it.

She has laid down her life for her husband. She has laid down her life for her kids and she is laying down her life for you guys, her grandchildren. Mommy has watched her go through trials you may never know about, but her faith and trust in God is unwavering. She is a woman of great faith. A faith does not not end when the storms come, when trials overwhelm and when pain increases. Her body may tire, but her faith does not.

She has helped your mommy through some trials. God has used her to help me to love your daddy more, love her God more, and love you guys more. Not only from her example, but from her wisdom.

One day I pray you guys admire and love me the way I love Granma. I pray you will look at me and think "My mommy is strong. My mommy has faith when there seems to be no reason to have it. My mommy loves my daddy and gives her life to him. And my mommy laid down her life for me. My mommy loves her God."

I pray you know your Granma for many years to come, but when the Lord eventually does take her away, I pray her legacy is lived through my life. And through yours.

No comments: