Saturday, July 28, 2007

Surprise!

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but we have been busy trying to wrap our minds around our latest news. I found out earlier this week that I am pregnant with my fourth! This comes as a total shock to both PJ and I, but we are slowly getting used to the idea and God is helping us to realize that this child is a gift from Him, regardless of whether it was planned!

I had always wanted four children, PJ was content with the three we have for now, but apparently God wanted us to have four quicker then we planned. :-) So, by the grace of God, another little Herron will make an appearance sometime late
March. Kayla will be 6 1/2, Wyatt will be barely 3, and Annie will be 20 months. Lord help me!

Here is a quote my friend Megan put on her blog when she found out about her fourth pregnancy. I have read it before, but it is a wonderful reminder.


From Stepping Heavenward.

“I shall now have one mouth the more to fill, and two feet more to shoe;
more disturbed nights, more laborious days,
and less leisure for visiting, reading, music and drawing.
This is one side of the story to be sure, but I look at the other.
Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss;
here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery.
Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worthy of all it will cost,
since it is the abode of a kingly tenant.
I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all,
to whom, while I minister in Christ’s name,
I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation, my other darlings had left me.
Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother’s heart,
welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her life-long prayers!
Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!”
Elizabeth Prentiss | Stepping Heavenward

7 comments:

Katherine Peschau said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I will be praying for you, and all that God is going to do throughout this journey. I will also pray that it will be an easy pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That was a great poem. I love being a dad. So many people act like they pity me b/c I have three but they don't understand the blessing. If you get a chance, read my wife's post from tonight. It rocked. The joy's of being a parent can never be fully expressed.

joey said...

you guys are out of control

lawrence said...

i can't wait til Wyatt and Doc are getting in trouble together.

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Ohmigosh!!! Are you serious?!?! How cool is that! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

You know how dad and I feel about this!!! We are so excited and look forward to welcoming grandchild number EIGHT into our world. But we really do need to think about remodeling....

Unknown said...

Can't wait to find out that it is a boy. :-) Gareth Jacob...Doc...same thing.