Monday, August 27, 2007

First Appointment

Today I had my first appointment with my midwife. We have decided to have this baby at home. I would have never thought that I would have a baby at home, but after my last hospital experience and seeing Rachel have Elsie at home, I was sold. Even PJ is on board.

I am using a midwife in Winter Springs. She is pretty kooky (is that a word?) and earthy. Basically everything you would expect from a homebirth midwife!
She has a house on lots of land that the kids got to explore while we talked over everything. Unfortunently, our maternity health insurance is terrible, so it is cheaper to pay out of pocket for a homebirth than to use a typical practice and hospital with our insurance. Maybe that is why PJ is on board! Either way, it seems like this is the way to go and we are at peace and even a little excited about it.

I got to hear the heartbeat (only one Mom!), which surprised me at the early stage of 10 weeks. I am still coming to grips with the fact I am even pregnant, so hearing a heartbeat was a little weird. It was almost like I was surprised it was there. Maybe I thought this was all a funny joke. Now it is official, there is a little person in there!

Keep us in your prayers if you think about it. The main requests would be:

Finances
Having 4 children
Health of baby
This mommy taking care of 3 while wanting to only lay in bed all day, not move, not eat, feel bad for myself, and sleep sleep sleep........

Thank you!

5 comments:

Katherine Peschau said...

I will be praying for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do!
I will see you on Thursday at Volleyball :)

Medana22 said...

Hey Chick,
Surprise, you really are pregnant!
I will keep all of your prayer requests close to heart, and BTW you girls and no drugs to give birth continue to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Julia

I would like to say...
WHO was out side in the heat watching
two screaming children?

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I can feel it all come back to me. Trying to care for several young children while feeling like all I wanted to do was SLEEP!!! Honey, I'm so proud of you. Keep trusting the Lord and look forward to the day when it will be Kayla and Annie with you cheering them on from nearby. I can't tell you how soon that will be...

I love you and am praying for you. Can't wait to be at Celebration together!

Debi Walter said...

God's surprise pregnancies are often the ones that bring us the most joy. Maybe it's because we know that we know that this was NOT our idea, but God's. How deceived we can be to think that we control anything good or bad that comes into our lives. I'm confident that as difficult as this seems to be at the moment, that your joys will be multiplied when you see the blessing this child will be to you and your family. We are excited for you!!!