Friday, June 1, 2007

Boys? Girls?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/02/us/02child.html?ex=157680000&en=c9088495eb470141&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink


Here is a quote:

At the Park Day School in Oakland, teachers are taught a gender-neutral vocabulary and are urged to line up students by sneaker color rather than by gender. "We are careful not to create a situation where students are being boxed in," said Tom Little, the school's director. "We allow them to move back and forth until something feels right."

I would not doubt that the next great idea, from the government, would be gender neutral public schools. I am not going to comment much, just read the article and let me know what you think.

:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the link to work, even with "bugmenot"

Unknown said...

I REALLY need to teach you how to link. Remind me to tonight.