Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yummy lunch






My kids new favorite activity is catching the many baby frogs that are hopping around our yard recently. I have enjoyed having them around since it keeps Wyatt and Kayla distracted outside for hours.

Well, Annie got in to the action today. I think she was a little confused though because she ate one! Julia dug most of it out of her mouth, but she definitely got the leg down her throat.

I figure many people eat frog legs, it shouldn't hurt her. Who knows what I will find tomorrrow when I change her diaper!!

I know everyones question will be how did she catch it and was it alive in her mouth. The answer....I have no idea. It was dead by the time Julia got there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, My one daughter ate a mouse once. Well, she chewed on it for a while. My other daughter ate poop (from the sister that ate the mouse) and she didn't get sick so....you're probably OK. I do have one daughter that I don't think ate anything but who can be sure!

Jaime said...

A mouse! I understand the poop thing because my son ate his own poop once, but I cannot imagine seeing one of my kids chomping on a mouse!

My two youngest are always doing some sort of antic, but I have never dealt with anything crazy from my first born. (If you don't count the crazy stuff she says and makes up). I wonder if it is a first born paranoid thing. I watched her so closely, she couldn't get away with it. Now...I don't have time to be paranoid. (but, it is better that way I think).

Anonymous said...

Haha, my wife and I were just talking about this. My oldest is ornery(she gets it from her mom). Plain and simple, when she's doing something you know it, she gets this look in her eye. My middle (hate that term) daughter will smile at you while she's shoving her sister down a flight of stairs, and the youngest is still to young to tell.
I never realized how "desensitized" you become until one day my youngest was letting out a blood curling "hold me" cry. It didn't even register in my brain, until my wife looked at me and said, "Are you going to check on Krya?" Until that moment I hadn't even heard her. Now, my oldest, if she whimpered I'd hear from a mile away.
I love being a parent. Now, if I can just get that 12X12 soundproof room in the backyard done before those teenage years. :)
Here's a link to my kids pics--yeah, I'm that kind of dad. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joemartino
enjoy!